Thursday, September 30, 2010

At AAFP Scientific Assembly


As many of you may know, I am currently attending the AAFP Scientific Assembly in Denver. I suggest that you consider attending this event some year. You can get an incredible amount of good information in a few days. You also get to meet family docs from around the country and world and gain a greater perspective of family medicine in general.

This year you could also get a better idea of what patients with Heart Failure suffer. Having traveled from Kalamazoo at 784 feet elevation to 9600 feet in a single day, I experienced several days of altitude symptoms: shortness of breath, tachycardia, fatigue, headache, nausea, edema, exercise intolerance. Even though I have been here 4 days, and now down to 5280 feet, I still suffered tachycardia and oxygen hunger with relative minimal exercise.

Dr. Z.

No comments:

Post a Comment